• Consumers Affairs Branch

    Complaint Process Initial Step - Contact Your Utility Provider

    Before contacting the Consumer Affairs Branch (CAB), we recommend that you give your utility provider an opportunity to resolve your complaint by contacting their customer service department. 

    Please contact your utility provider directly for the following concerns:

    • What services you are being billed for
    • What the rates are for services you are provided
    • Bill explanations
    • General questions on account status
    • Account payments, extensions, payment arrangements
    • Billing period; Start and end of billing cycle
    • Starting service/Cancelling service
    • Payment locations

    If you know you are being billed for something you did not order, or feel you are being overcharged, you should first attempt to resolve this with your utility provider.  If the utility provider has made a billing or service error, they will often resolve the issue without you needing to contact CAB.  You may find their contact information on your monthly billing statement, the telephone directory book, or online.  When calling your utility, keep a record of the contact with the representative's name, the date of the call, and what was discussed

    If you need information on non-regulated utilities and services, please click here.