Moving Company Complaint

If you have a complaint about a moving company, and talking with the company does not resolve the problem, you can file a complaint with the CPUC.

To file a complaint, please do the following:

  • Print a copy of the Moving Questionnaire/Complaint Form (PDF) and fill it out
  • Attach legible copies of any supporting documents, such as receipts, cancelled checks, service  agreements, claim forms, or email correspondence with the company
  • Mail the form and supporting documents to:

CPUC Complaint Intake Unit – Transportation Enforcement Section
Safety and Enforcement Division
505 Van Ness Avenue
San Francisco, CA  94102-3298

If you would like us to mail you a copy of the complaint form, you can call us at 1-800-366-4782, or you can email us at We would also be happy to answer any questions you have about the complaints process.
For more information on how the CPUC can help Consumers resolve issues, please see Do You Have a Question or Complaint?

For more information about moving companies, please see Moving Companies consumer information.